Wednesday, January 14


Ironing is not one of my favorite things to do at 6 o'clock in the morning. My thoughts range from "why didn't I do this last night, wish I had done this last weekend, now I have to hurry or I'll be late to work..."
Most of my clothes don't need ironing and I prefer it that way. My new scrubs. 100% cotton, do though. I was getting ready to just do it but am distracted by this little iron that my mother had.
I use it as a door stop now but can imagine ladies of the past having to heat it on their stove before using. I'm thankful to have one that just plugs in to the wall!
I didn't even have an ironing board until recently. I shopped WalMart and just couldn't make myself pay over $30 for something I don't like to use. I found this antique board at a local thrift store for $3.00. That's more my style! It's small but does the job and I think it's rather cute.
What do you think about when you're ironing? I'm usually in a rush with thoughts of panic.
Wonder what the ladies of the past were thinking when they ironed their sheets and dish towels? Yes, my grandmother used to do that! I don't. Does that make me a lazy housekeeper?


No comments:

Post a Comment