Sunday, June 14

My Thoughts on Psalm 23


My Father walks before me leading the way
He gives me everything I need in His time
He quiets the storms. Makes rainbows from my tears
He puts flowers in my path
and the song of the birds in my mornings

Even as I stumble along the way
sometimes falling headlong into trouble
His hand is there when I reach out for Him
But more than that, even when I can't
or won't reach out, even when I can't find my way
still He is there guiding me

When I have lost all hope
given up on everything I trusted in before
He gives me the courage to try again
I have seen His faithfulness over
and over again and again

He understands my fear
He understands my doubts
He knows how fragile
and how vulnerable I am

Then
instead of giving me what I deserve
He gives me
the gift of true love.

Blessings, Kathi
(c)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathi,
    Your version is great!! I think I should spend more time in God's word than in blogland...
    I also had to come by and see if I won your giveaway...maybe next time...
    I'm getting ready to go to church..Have a blessed Sunday.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi,
    I'm going back and reading all your posts. Your version of Psalm 23 is beautiful and I believe the very essence of what God is saying to us in that Psalm. It was extremely meaningful to me ....right now...this moment. God's timing AlWAYS amazes me. Thanks for sharing! Cindy

    ReplyDelete