Sunday, May 17

What’s up with this!?

abc3340_bhm_radar_web_still

I visited the garden center at Lowe’s yesterday. Don’t you just love their commercial where the flowers are flowing down the street?

Well, I WAS going to go outside today and work in my yard. I bought roses, astible, marigolds, and purple salvia plants. Plus sunflower, zinnia, hollyhock and morning glory seeds.

burpee sunflowers

I’m imagining the beginnings of a beautiful cottage garden by my front door. Unfortunately, the weather today is not cooperating. Guess I’ll just have to “be sick” one day this week. When things warm up and dry up, I’ll go out dig and in the dirt. (shhhh, don’t tell my boss!)

What I really would like to do is get rid of these huge stumps out there! I whacked them down in the fall but they just won’t die!

Who will help remove

They are even leafing out again - how dare they?!

Anyway, I’m not going to let them stop me from having my flowers! No rain or storms or nasty stumps can stop this girl from having her garden!

It just might have to wait a day or two. . .

front garden 004

Blessings, Kathi

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathi,

    So nice of you to drop by my blog! I'm glad I'm not the only "egg-head" around!

    I love flowers, too. We moved into our house last February and it had no landscaping at all. We have been working at adding trees, bushes and flowers to make it "home". Some of the plants we just planted are astilbes and roses. I have 3 packets of different kinds of sunflowers waiting to go into the ground, too. I think they are such a happy flower. I hope you get the thing with your stumps figured out. Have a great day.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathi! Ican't to see how yours is going to turn out. Have a great day! :) Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do I know what you mean about the stumps that won't die!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just planted my sunflowers seed today! I love it when they come up. The ones I bought are called Little Dorrit F1 Hybrid. They only grow 2-4 feet tall. Perfect for cutting and bringing inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such is the way of gardening... hurry up and wait! I bet your flowers will be lovely though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathi!

    I spent today at the garden center! got some gorgeous salmon geraniums and blue delphiniums for hummingbirds.....

    Hang in there...it WILL warm-up!!

    ReplyDelete