So now that the cat crisis is past, I'm musing about other things...
My "To Do" list is very long and I don't seem to be getting much accomplished other than adding things to my list. Do you make lists? Does it help you get things done? I like lists.
Grocery lists. Christmas card lists. I didn't send out any Christmas cards this year but I did make a list. Wonder if I make a list of things to do if I'll actually DO any of them? Bear with me, the list is long!
- Rake the front and back yards (check)
- Trim the overgrown bushes (check)
- Ask my landlady to have someone take out the stumps out front (again).
- Paint the mailbox and post
- Hang the thrift store valances in the craft room. Do I want to hang them as they are or trim them up a bit? (check - just put them up as is for now)
- Spray paint the dining room chairs red. Have to sand and prime them first. (check)
- Gather all of the other little things that I plan to spray paint and paint them. Picture frames (5), step stools (2), child's chair in the bathroom, small table in living room... (done!)
- Wash new white twin sheets I got for $3 each. Measure and cut/sew for curtain panels in living room. Iron them and decide what decorative treatment to add. Grosgrain ribbon? Stamps? Stencils? Floral fabric trim? Need to get a drapery rod too. (drapery rod - check)
- Move my desk out of the craft room. Give it to my daughter? What do I do with the stuff in the drawers? (check - moved desk to guest room)
- Vacuum and clean the carpet. (check)
- Unload the dishwasher. (check)
- Take stuff by back fence to Mission Possible, take what's trash out to the street (check)
- Color my hair. Trying to lighten it up a bit. Will it turn orange again? (check, OK!)
- Get a haircut. Stop cutting it myself and just do it! (check)
- Take the cat carrier and ladder back out to the shed. (check)
- Change the sheets and wash the quilt (check)
- Do the laundry (check)
- Iron something to wear today (check)
- Try to give Toby his medicine. Emphasis on TRY. (done and Toby is fine!)
- Get another cup of coffee and post to blog. (check)
- Go to work and try not to think about what I need to do at home!
Hope you have a productive day. Not sure I'll get much accomplished on my list, but it might help to do just one thing?