Saturday, February 28

Empty Fridge


I guess I'll need to go grocery shopping soon. I really don't like to go food shopping, can you tell? Having little food in the house forces me to be creative when I'm hungry. Last night I had some cheese, the last little cup of mixed fruit and some leftover morning coffee reheated in the microwave. It was enough after my drive through lunch at McDonalds.

I went to bed last night at 7:30 pm to the sound of rumbling thunder and rain pattering on the windows. More rain this morning. The weather man is saying it might snow tonight? It would be fun to see some snow on the ground here in central Alabama. The daffodils have made their debut and the forsythias are blooming. Spring is coming - after the rain.

I woke up at 3:30 today after a good night's sleep. My thoughts are jumbled and my "to-do" list is long. Wonder if I'll get anything accomplished today?

I've been having trouble relating to a co-worker. Our personalities just don't click. I try to be understanding. She's a single mom, working full time and going to school. Her teenage son is driving her crazy too. When she comes in to work I never know what to expect. The other day her first words to me were so hateful. The day went downhill from there. This morning one of my first thoughts was of her. How can I "fix" our relationship? Perhaps it's just not meant to be...

Another thought I had was of a dear man I worked with at my kids Christian school. He got up every morning at 4 am just to pray. He prayed for two hours every morning. Maybe I should take some time to pray for my friend. Prayer changes things.

I've spent quite a while here this morning just reading and stumbling around on the blogs. I found a new one or two that inspire me. More projects come to mind, but what about all of the projects I've already started or plan to start? Why do I keep buying supplies and piling up ideas while not really getting anything accomplished?

I really need to go grocery shopping today. I have my list made. I need to eat. I should clean my house. I want to go find some plate hangers for my dining room. I need a haircut but it's 5:30 am and no stores are open yet.
The rain has quieted down. All I hear now is my clock ticking and Dylan the daschund snoring here beside me. Guess I'll go get another cup of coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment